Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've been tagged.

I've been tagged by another photographer to post 10 things about me you might not know. So, here goes...

1. I love chapstick. I have about 30 different flavors. Avon chapstick-- the bomb! My favorite flavor is buttercream icing! Yummy. I wonder if it has calories?

2. I got my drivers license when I was 15 because I lived in Mississippi the months before I turned 15. My mom took me back there to get my license using my dads address. I thought I was big stuff with my license earlier than everyone else.

3. I love the beach but hate sand. It drives me crazy. I swear you would think I had sensory disorders as much as I hate it. I guess I can manage though. The ocean, great food and endless relaxation makes it all ok.

4. I spend way too much time online. I browse message boards, read blogs, research stuff. I have made some really great friends online though that I wouldn't trade for the world.

5. I used to drag race my poor little Honda Civic. Give me a break, I was 18. My Lord I feel sorry for that car. I gave it such a hard life.

6. Historically, I have always said that I didn't want children. I love kids! It wasn't the kid part that scared me. It was labor and delivery and my humongous fear of needles that deterred me. Thankfully, my doctor scheduled a C-Section for me so I wouldn't have the whole traumatic experience but I still cried for the 48 hours leading up to Austin's birth. Looking back, it wasn't so bad and I wouldn't know what to do without my little guy now. I just love him to pieces.

7. I am a sap! Every little thing makes me cry. Happy things, sad things I still cry. I remember when I was about 6 years old, my step mom took me to see Follow that Bird (A Sesame Street movie) and my dad took my sister to see Terminator I think it was. I remember sitting in the theater crying my eyes out because the bad guys took Big Bird away from his family. Things haven't changed. I tear up about everything. Saturday, Austin's coach was talking to the kids, who were more interested in eating dirt, that he was so proud of them and he enjoyed being their coach. Silly me was teared up hiding behind my sunglasses and my camera.

8. I can't sleep past 6:00. I think my body has finally rewired itself from the days of sleeping until noon. Man, those where the days. Now, I automatically wake up at 6:00. I guess its a good thing during the week, but geesh, it stinks on Saturday.

9. I'm a CSI junkie. That is the only show I really try to watch. I really only like CSI: Las Vegas. New York and Miami hasn't ever really interested me. The technology is so interesting to me. I still can't figure out why they use flashlights in a dark home at night. Ummm, if you can find a killer from a toenail, can't you find the light switch and just turn on the overhead light? I still love them though.

10. I love being a creative person. I love painting, designing, planning & coordinating parties. I really enjoy doing anything artistic and creative. It is mind clearing to me to think about something and make it happen. Don't get me wrong. I've had plenty of "great ideas" that didn't work out in reality exactly how they did in my head, but the process is still fun none the less. Be creative! It feels good!

Whew, I'm glad I could find 10 things to say. I was getting worried around #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment