Friday, May 30, 2008

Workshop Details

Exciting news! I have secured a date and location for the workshop. It will be on Saturday, August 16, 2008. We will have discussion from 10am until noon. Break for lunch from 12pm until 1pm then continue discussion until 4pm. We will then dismiss and travel to a different location (probably Botanical Gardens) at 4:45 and work with child models for about an hour for those who are interested in that portion of the workshop.

So, the details...

What: The Photographer in You Workshop
Where: Park Place (A rec facility owned by the city of Gardendale
When: Saturday, August 16, 2008 from 10-5
Cost: $50 includes discussion, lunch and workbook of covered materials

Just to field a few questions I am repeatedly being asked...

I have a basic point and shoot camera. Would it benefit me?
There will be some technical discussion for those with SLR cameras and point and shoot cameras with manual settings. If you camera only has one option of Auto, that part of the discussion will be a bit over your head but you can still benefit from the rest of the discussion.

I shoot film. Should I come?
Definitely. For the most part, a film camera and digital camera operate the same way.

What should I bring?
You and your camera, charged batteries and plenty of memory!

Can I invite a friend?
Definitely! I will be accepting the first 20 paying applicants to attend.

I don't have Photoshop. Can I still benefit from this?
Of course. Photoshop is just one piece of the magic! I am also going to direct you to free resources for editing.

I can't make it that day. Will you host another workshop?
Anything is possible! Depending on interest, future workshops will be determined.

My kid is so cute. Can he/she be one of the models?
I will be seeking at least 5 child models for us to practice with at the shooting session. If you think your child would enjoy this, please let me know and we'll discuss this further. My son is programmed to do well so he will be an easy target for the group. If you know your child doesn't naturally enjoy being photographed, it's probably not a good idea!

I want to sign up. What do I do?
Email me at kristy@kristyevansphotography.com for an application then remit your payment to me either by mail or via Paypal.

No comments:

Post a Comment