Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Photographer in You Workshop

After an overwhelming response for hosting a beginner photography workshop, I am going to make it happen. The covered materials and logistics are still being worked out but it will happen. I've created an outline of basic topics covered. If there is something specific you'd like to hear discussed, please feel free to let me know. A location is still in the works. There are places in Gardendale that I can rent but there isn't a place to do the shooting. I could do it at Botanical Gardens, but then we were battling the heat all day. So, that is going to take some working out. Any suggestions? The cost will be $50.00. A catered lunch will be provided. You will leave with a booklet of general information, vendor information and photoshop tips as well.

Topics Covered:

Equipment Overview- Point and Shoot VS SLR. Which is best for you?

Storage/Archiving- Protect yourself and your memories!

Basic Composition- Cropping, positioning and removing the clutter!

The Subject- Catching smiles and defeating the tears and cheese!

Technical aspects of proper exposure-- Getting your camera off of auto!

Lighting- The Good, Bad and the Ugly

Photoshop Tutorial- Working a bit of digital magic turning dull to dazzling! There is so much more to Black and white than desaturation!

Printing Options- There's better places available than Walmart!

One on one practice time. Be a paparazzi! Photograph child models under the direction of me!

If time & location permits, we will bring photos into Photoshop and edit on overhead projector so you can be proud of what you have learned!

So, stay tuned to the blog for the details and registration information.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds fun and really interesting, but will my pocket digital camera be a deterrent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know a round about date for this? I'm really interested in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog today. Do you still have workshops or classes? I would like to be decent at taking pics... I need someone to teach me! Thanks, Julie Alexander julievalexander@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete